hello lovelies! it’s the most wonderful time of the year!
oh my goodness, this is a selection and a half! although the meaning of christmas runs way deeper than getting presents (happy birthday jesus! xx) the art of selecting, wrapping and giving to the people you love is so special. but sometimes you run out of ideas or just need some more. so here are my ideas, there are gifts for three different ages groups in each gender – but of course can be mixed up, women need bottle openers too!
anyway enjoy reading (it’s very long), shopping, prepping, celebrating and eating this festive season!
see you soon for more festive fun! xx frankie!
gifts for the ladies! that means your mum, auntie, nana, wife, or any special lady in your life!
- penny round velvet pillow in the hue dusty blue by rachel castle, but can be bought at small acorns – $109. I am not aware of anyone that would turn down a new gorgeous addition to add to a pillow collection.
- brie earring in all white by pigment studio and can be purchased at the bread and butter letter for $40! statement earrings are one of my favorite things and they are also a bit on trend. these ones from pigment studio are made by hand here in new zealand by a small business, it’s so important to support local brands!
- PLAY red heart perfume by comme des garcons but can be found at FABRIC for $165. if you know a lady that doesn’t already by her self a regular perfume gifting one is a great idea! i love this CDG one, mainly because of the bottle, but other option like the new gucci bloom or the chloe perfume would make special gifts!
- circle suncatcher by hydrangea ranger can be nabbed for $75 at the bread and butter letter. another local, nz made product that is totally gorgeous! i love all the work hydranger ranger makes and her business story! i interviewed here if you want to read it after this!
- avery bag from seed heritage $110. these look very similar to the cult gia bags but they are a little more affordable but still as cool.
- everything i want to eat cookbook $63 from tessuti. the gift of recipes or food is never ever a bad idea. cookbooks are great as they can be taken into the new year and used to update a few meals.
- js ceramics pink handmade vase $50 at iko iko. another nz business, we have some amazing potters here! gift this with some flowers to make a ladies day special!
- odeme nail polish in the shade los feliz, $22 from good as gold. who does not want summery yellow nails that came from a beautifully presented and packaged bottle?
- ycanta 2018 calendar by rifle paper co, $53 from iko iko. there is nothing like organisation, prettiness and paper goods, this calendar ticks a lot of boxes.
- comme des garcons wallet $215 at FABRIC. something a little more lux and cool.
- hydrangea charity pin $15 from the bread and butter letter. the holidays are a great time to support causes you feel are important. profits from this cute pin go to look good feel better which supports women with cancer feel great again after the loss of hair or change to their appearance due to treatment.
- fold rack $89 at let liv. sleek modern design at it’s finest!
gifts for gentlemen, pop, dad, uncle, hubby…
- hunters race wrist watch get it for $220 at the bread and butter letter. so the man in your life can tell the time all the time.
- flotsam and jestsem bottle opener $22.50. cause every boy needs a vessel to pop open a cold one.
- riders club socks $13 from barkers. everyone needs socks no matter the number of people that say they are a boring present, these ones are covered in little surfers with their boards, whats boring about that?
- indoor watering can $69 from father rabbit. cause all those houseplants need a good water everyone once in a while.
- crossbone cufflinks $120 from the bread and butter letter. for the snazzy suit wearer but these one are kinda edgy.
- as colour bucket hat $25. sun protection is very important.
- lost in city guide to copenhagen $33 from FABRIC. perfect for the traveller of the one with a huge book collection.
- js ceramics coffee filter and cup $60 from iko iko. coffee drinker love their coffee so a coffee accessorie would make their holiday!
- jason markk shoe cleaning kit $39 from good as gold. something to keep all those sneakers looking fresh.
- kingsly leather keychain $35 from the bread and butter letter. another nz made gift with a very practical purpose.
- bat and ball set $10 from the one-stop shop cotton on. perfect for the beach and bbq’s!
- a to z of david bowie $40 at iko iko. the man the myth the legend that is no longer has been honoured in this gorgeous illustrated book. perfect for a bowie fan.
- crosley portable record player can be bought for $120 at urban outfitters. something to play that huge old vinyl collection on with music from the good old days!
gifts for girlies, sister, friend, girlfriend, niece, daughter. or me, i kinda want all of these pretty things!
- little feminist playing cards $13 at chronicle books. oh my goodness gracious have you ever seen anything cuter or more empowering? while you play card game you can be reminded by the strong badass women that came before us or are present in our lives today!
- satin scarf from supre $12. pink, navy and starry, and it’s a scarf so would look gorgeous around your neck, in your hair or tied to a bag!
- pink hair clip from seed heritage $23. i love the pearl look of the handy clip.
- gingham turkish towel $15 from cotton on. who doesn’t need a towel, let alone a pink gingham one, this summer!
- will you accept this rose notebook by ban.do but can be purchased for $20 at iko iko. dreams, recipes, lists, all very decent things to pop in a pretty notebook.
- chuck taylor all star pink suede 70’s converse $150 from FABRIC. i adore my CDG converse, once you wear them in they are very comfy, these pink one are more affordable but still super cool.
- goodheart hoops $35 by hydrangea ranger but can be brought at the bread and butter letter. i love hoop earing they make me feel really cool, these one have little gemstone strung on them for something cute but different.
- circular wicker bag $110 from seed heritage. another on-trend item for a very good reason. would make a perfect gift for a fashion lover.
- butterscotch velvet pom pom cushion $115 by rachel castle at small acorns. i don’t think many girls would treat themselves to a plush velvet pillow receiving one makes at all sweeter!
- super cool vintage sunglasses $30 from the bread and butter letter. i adore bread and butter letters collection of vintage threads and accessories, sustainable gifting! three cheers for that!
- ue wonderboom in pink $100 from urban outfitters. this handy dandy speaker is waterproof and pretty, what more could you need?
- gingham swim visor $15 from cotton on body. gingham is my favorite print this season and this cap with the bow at the back is too cute!
- altea earrings $85 from tessuti. what girl doesn’t love jewels especially these lil ones!
- js ceramics pink mug $32 from iko iko. the handle on this mug is so cool, that’s a weird thing to say but it just looks really nice.
- comme des garcons PLAY long sleeve $196 from FABRIC. love the light blue with the contrasting red mini heart.
gifts for dudes, brother, boyfriend, son, newphew, grandson, mate…DUDES!
- reebok werkout plus vintage shoes $160 from good as gold. most people already have white sneakers so buying someone a colourful pair that’s a bit different is an original way to gift a pair of shoes.
- supreme beanie $225 from FABRIC. it’s not really beanie season but knowing my brother he would be totally stocked to receive this, just make sure they don’t lose it as it’s pricy!
- fjallraven kanken bag in olive $110 at urban outfitters. these bags are the shit! love love love and i could nor recommend them enough!
- clear cassette player $38 from urban outfitters. bringing a lil bit of old school back. i love that cassette tapes are coming back, there is a huge selection of great new albums that can be brought on cassette.
- potted plant from father rabbit $22.50. give the gift of green!
- pantagonia hip pack $59 from good as gold. if you know a bit of a hype beast they will love this blue hued bag, or maybe a louis vitton X supreme one?
- flowerboy by tyler the creator on vinyl $27 from urban outfitters. in my personal opinion, this is one of the best albums that came out of 2017, tyler is a genius.
- socks $8 cotton on. pink and purple ain’t girl colours, these would look super rad popping out of white sneakers.
- sex wax surf wax $6 amazon. this surf wax is my favorite because of the coconutty smell.
- nautica cap $32 from urban outfitters. less than the beanie and a lil more weather appropriate.
gifts for bebe’s, little girls!
- the fuzzy duckling golden book $8 from iko iko. what lil kid doesn’t love a good read?
- pom pom tired dress $70 from seed heritage. perfect for christmas day.
- play and go storage bag $70 at let liv. perfect for a quick tidy up of all those christmas toys.
- sonny angel fruit series $19 from iko iko. too damn cute!
- small felt mushroom $11 from father rabbit. perfect for making a fairy garden or house.
- wooden mixer set $95 at father rabbit. i think any budding chef would be ecstatic to get this from santa!
- jamie kay cotton cardigan $29 from father rabbit. to keep the small ones warm.
- meri meri days of the week bobby pins $28. perfect for those just learning their days of the week!
- lemon bucket hat $12 from cotton on kids. cute summery sun protection!
- swan puzzle $35 from iko iko. perfect to take to the bach and do after a big day at the beach!
- bambi bubble bath $8.50 from cotton on kids. oh me oh my i love bambi, what a way to make washing fun!
- goodnight stories for rebel girls $45 from iko iko. i wish i had a book like this growing up. girls need to support girls!
little lads/ trouble makers!!
- dachshund money box $70 at iko iko. a place to store christmas money!
- knitted cactus cushion $59 at father rabbit. add a bit of fun to a pillow pile!
- moomin comic strip boom $45 from iko iko. ahh moomin is too cute!
- ukelele $32 from cotton on kids. perfect for christmas concerts.
- country road coral bucket hat $35. i think i have a slight gifting hat obsession!
- rachel castle banana pillowcases at small acorns $79. how cute!
- embroidered shirt $45 from seed heritage. make your lil one look a bit dapper on Christmas day!
- blabla balthazar the bunny $85 from father rabbit. how cute is it’s little hat?
- dog printed enamel cup $25 from iko iko. this gift guide is full of things from iko iko, if your stuck travel there because they have plenty of kids gifts and something for everyone!
- shark tank bubble bath $8.50 from cotton on kids. bringing jaws to bathtime.
- casper the friendly ghost enamel drink bottle $5 from cotton on kids. everyones favorite ghost looking a bit cheeky, who said halloween has to end?
- country road splice overnight bag $65. perfect for sleepovers, athletics day and everything in between!